About the MPA Program
Mission Statement of the MPA Program
The Master of Public Administration Program's mission is to cultivate practical, research-oriented students for careers as reflective practitioners guided by democratic values, integrity, and service.
Students will be prepared for careers as managers and leaders in public service if they are able to meet the following objectives (student learning outcomes).
- Students can demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Students will demonstrate comprehension of public policy and program formation as well as the institutional and legal framework of public policy and management.
- Students can demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Students can demonstrate the ability to see patterns and classify information, concepts and theories in public policy and administration.
- Students can demonstrate the ability to use reasoned arguments to judge evidence in public policy and management.
How Are We Doing?
- Examples of jobs our graduates and students have
- Search for us on NASPAA's webpage to see report statistics
Most of our full time students complete the MPA degree within two to two and one half years. The table below reflects our graduation rates within the time frames indicated for all students. Note that part time students may take longer to complete the degree.
Number of students initially enrolled in the 2014-2015 Cohort
Graduated within 2 Years
Graduated within 3 Years
|Graduated within 4 Years||
Total Students Graduating and Persisting to Graduation
Our program assesses the performance of our students every year using two methods of review. External reviewers and faculty evaluate student performance on a variety of criteria. The Outcomes Report for the 2019-2020 cycle can be found below.